Sunday, April 20, 2008

Augusta, Georgia

Imagine the most beautiful, peaceful, luscious, green, azalea covered golf course you could ever imagine and that is Augusta National Golf Course. That is exactly where Ashton and I just spent a week watching all the amazing golfers at the Masters! We were so lucky to be able to go again this year and be a part of this amazing event. As many of you know Ashton’s grandpa was a very successful golfer and actually won the Masters back in 1970. So as long as he is still alive he gets to bring his family along to experience this event that means so much to him and one that truly made him a legend! Despite my luggage being lost for the first 2 days and having to wear the same purple sweat outfit for those 2 days (embarrassing!) we had a blast and I couldn’t have asked for better! Well maybe I could’ve… I really wanted Tiger to win but oh well hopefully next year! We had an incredible week, met a lot of V.I.P.’s in the golf industry(which was great since that is what Ash is going to do when he graduates), watched some amazing golf, and best of all Ashton’s cousin Ashley and I just happened to be standing outside the breakfast tent waiting for Ashton to come out and to our surprise there was Tiger walking toward us so of course we couldn’t help but stare…. hello he was only like 2 feet from us and what do ya know he totally looked at us and gave us a smile!!!! Let’s just say we were on cloud 9 for the rest of the week because “Tiger checked us out”!! We had an amazing time one that we’ll cherish and never forget!




14 comments:

Heidi said...

Lace actually I did not know that about Ashton's grandpa- that is so cool! I was wondering if you guys had gone to this event again this year- thanks for posting about it! Looks so pretty there.

Jessica said...

What a fun experience. Looks like the weather was awesome and all. You look adorable as always.

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Hey Lacey it's Stef. Your blog is so cute,I love it. Our blog address is markandstef.blogspot.com I always get excited to add another friend to my friend list, I'm such a loser!

Chelsea and Cody said...

We are jealous...what else is there to say!? I"m so glad that you had so much fun...that is so sucky that your suitcase got lost! bummer! Anyway, Tiger checked you out, huh?!!!

Ally said...

How fun!! I was also sad to hear Tiger didn't win. Which is funny I don't know anything about golf, I just saw it on ESPN when Jon was watching. And probably because Tiger is the only Golfer I could name. Ha ha, sad but true. Cool you got to see him up close.

devron said...

I am so glad you gave me your link. I love seeing the pictures. We love you guys and hope you know how much our WHOLE family loves hanging out with you. Plus I am going to steal your sweet idea for a blog for my husband. We are lucky girls.

taryn said...

So fun! I know my mom loves it when you go too! what do you think the chances are of my dad letting me and my mom go with you? hee hee. yeah, I didn't think so either.

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

ok we finally started a blog...we'll have to keep in touch. It's tkowensfamily.blogspot.com. Call us when you come to St. George

Whitney and Chris said...

Hey Lace! It's taken Kristen and I a little longer than most to start our blogs, but as you can see, we've finally done it! Hopefully it will be easier for us to keep in touch this way. It's been too long! It looks like you and Ash are doing great! Everything here is the same as always, nothing new to report! Next time you're in town, give us a call and we'll all get together. **I added you to my site, so hopefully you can find it!

Andrea F. said...

hey lacey...looks like kristen, whitney and I are all startin a blog about the same time..lol..anyways, i just had to stop by and say hi and tell you how cute you and your hubby are together! i'll talk to ya later

andrea

Morgan said...

Thanks to Kristen and Whitney, I see you have a blog. I don't dig very deep into stalking other people's lists if their list is huge (i.e. Abby!) so I just saw your name on Whitney's and wondered if it was you!

It has been so long! It looks like you had a ton of fun at the Master's! I am going to show Corky this post. He is going to die. We watched the whole thing on tv and talked about how fun it would be to go in person! Can't wait to keep in touch this way.

Cami said...

Hey Lacey! I just came across your blog, how are you!? gosh its been awhile but I've heard how your doing when I run into family/friends but I thought I'd say hello! oh this is Cami (poulson as you would have known me as!) but we have a blog too and your welcome to check it out! it is: camiandjames.blogspot.com love to keep in touch with you!! take care

Tracy S. said...

Hey Lacey. I found your blog through Kristen's. It's fun being able to catch up with everyone. I bet the Master's was quite the experience! Would love to hear from ya.

tlseegmiller.blogspot.com

Michael Lloyd Photography said...

Tiger is still the man!!