The same day as Matt's games was my birthday! Yep the big 25! YIKES I'm freakin old! It was fun to just watch Matt and have a relaxing birthday. Ashton and my family had UVU put "happy birthday Lacey" across the huge score board during the game for all to see...how thoughtful! We of course did dinner and presents with the fam that night.
Last but not least we headed to San Diego last weekend for I bet you can all guess.... how did ya know? Yep a golf tournament. We went to help out with Ashton's grandpa's annual charity golf tournament at the San Diego Country Club. We went down a couple days prior to the event to hang with Lauren & Ben and Ash's family. We did Sea world one day with the family and beach the next day with the girls (a.k.a laur, her mom, and sis Lindsey) because the boys (a.k.a Ash, Ben, Ashton's dad Bob, and Ben's dad in law Kim) had to get in a practice round before the tournament. Needless to say Sea World was fun and pretty amazing(I haven't been since I was like 5) I enjoyed it! The Beach Club in La Jolla was incredible! Give me a beach, the sun, a lounge chair, and Laur any day and I'm a happy girl! Thanks Stimpson-Oviatts!
I guess that leads to the tournament. This was my first year going since Ash and I have been married because it usually falls on my birthday so I let Ash go then I head to St. George, but this year I was able to attend. It is quite an event. All the girls help volunteer with registration and pretty much anything and everything that goes on that day. Lots of work but lots of fun! Ashton's team ended up tied for first and winning some fun prizes. It was an awesome event that raises well over $75,000 for Kids Charities! It was a great weekend and its sad to come home but my own bed is calling my name!


9 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACEY! That pizza reminds me of my childhood... Always went to pizza factory so i could get a pizza in the age I was turning.
Sounds like you guys have had lots of fun things going on! What a fun trip to La Jolla!
You are so cute. Let's make it an annual trip... yes? You provide the golf, we'll provide the beach club. Ben was reading over my shoulder and thinks you have a great blog! keep up the good work... Can't wait to see your post on our mocktail night...will you beat me to it? :)
Hey lace! It sounds like you guys have had an eventful spring! Chris and I are in need of a vacation so bad! Kristen is home now, so when you come down next, give us a call!
25 is not old! We are still young my twin. California looks like so much fun!
Lacey,
Sorry I missed you last weekend. Tyler was gone for a week and came home last Saturday... hopefully I'll get to see you soon!
Lace,
It was great to see you last weekend... hope to see you again soon! Your little nieces are so darling!!
i love that last photo!
I know this is really random but, Lacey I met your parents a few months ago? I'm living in St. George now and have been dating a guy named Eric Barnum for almost a year now...I think he went to school with your brother? anyway...he introduced me to your parents when we ran into them at a baseball game...they asked where I was from...I said Springville...yadda yadda yadda...and I realized I knew you and actually went to your wedding! Just wanted to share what a small world it is! Hope all is well with you and Ashton! Take Care!
Laura Johnson
Post a Comment